- A draft free room would be ideal. I had the puppies in their snug box in the shower of the en suite. It was clean draft free and secure. You should keep their bedding clean. I used fluff free sheets as the puppies would be sucking on the fluffy blankets and could risk chocking. You will be doing a lot of laundry keeping their bedding clean.
- I bought a good few puppy bottles. They are cheap at the pet shop.
- I bought two different heat lamps but I didn't use them. I used hot water bottles.
- Hundreds of cotton balls will be needed for the pooping and peeing of the pups. It is best to do it before and after you feed them.
- I used Lactol puppy milk for the pups. I lost count of how many boxes I used as I gave them Lactol until they were 8 weeks.
- A thermometer for temperature regulation.
- Face cloths and towels.
- Hand sanitizer.
Tuesday, 7 February 2012
What You Will Need For The First Few Weeks
The puppies will need to be clean, warm and well fed. Here is a list of some of the essentials.