Tuesday 7 February 2012

What You Will Need For The First Few Weeks

The puppies will need to be clean, warm and well fed. Here is a list of some of the essentials.
  • A draft free room would be ideal. I had the puppies in their snug box in the shower of the en suite. It was clean draft free and secure. You should keep their bedding clean. I used fluff free sheets as the puppies would be sucking on the fluffy blankets and could risk chocking. You will be doing a lot of laundry keeping their bedding clean.
  • I bought a good few puppy bottles. They are cheap at the pet shop.
  • I bought two different heat lamps but I didn't use them. I used hot water bottles.  
  • Hundreds of cotton balls will be needed for the pooping and peeing of the pups. It is best to do it before and after you feed them.
  • I used Lactol puppy milk for the pups. I lost count of how many boxes I used as I gave them Lactol until they were 8 weeks.
  • A thermometer for temperature regulation.
  • Face cloths and towels.
  • Hand sanitizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment